Kaz Presents The Weeknd - Thursday Review [Mixtape Review]



Kaz of The DP Mosby Show delivers her fresh take on music newest sensation The Weeknd. Check it out after the jump!!


Thursday: The Weeknd Mixtape Review

I didn’t know what to expect when I decided to review The Weeknd’s latest mixtape, Thursday. When I pressed play I was taken under and held captive. There is something almost hypnotic about this tape. There are so many different sounds put together and served to you on a track; rock, pop, and sex. You all may crucify me for this one, but fuck it. I honestly feel like Thursday is Purple Rain-esque. All of the elements are there; the guitar, the barely understandable vocals, piano, and sexual moans. I had to actually listen to this mixtape several times. Seriously, I’m even listening to it now as I write this. Not because it’s not a good work, but because I’m trying to grasp what the hell they are talking about. But then again, it’s Thursday. You’re weary from the day to day grind of the week, and it’s almost the weekend. The time has come to run the steaming, hot bubble bath and light some candles. This tape is the perfect soundtrack to unwind to and let your mind wander. The lyrics are irrelevant. Soft moans over guitars and piano are all that are necessary when you are slipping on that sexy lingerie and “kick me down & fuck me” pumps.
The song that I could finally decipher was The Zone. And let me tell you about this G-shit. The Weeknd sings about that bootycall from the next chick/man while missing who you really want. “I’ll give you what you called for just let me get in my zone.” Getting faded to the point where common sense fades to black and sexing the next to ease the pain. “I’ll be making love to her through you so let me keep my eyes closed.” Drake is featured but unnecessary. He’s a nice touch but the song would have been just as dope without him. No salt intended. Everyone has experienced this moment of weakness and this song describes it so vividly.
The Birds Part 1 has that Love Lockdown beat. It has the same message as Amy Winehouse You Know I’m No Good; “don’t make me make you fall in love with a nigga like me.” This mixtape is so “pimp cold”. The Birds Part 2 is about a woman begging and pleading to stay in the moment of “being in love”, what I like to call sucka shit. She knows she’s dealing with a mack, but yet “she’s on the floor”. Man down! Code blue. She’s fallen in love and her heart has been shattered.
The entire mixtape is about bitches. Please pardon my French. But this is dedicated to those Rick James once sung about; cold-blooded individuals. And the way they treat the opposite sex or same sex depending upon your preference. I just happen to be one of those. Let’s take a moment to dust the dirt off my shoulder. Not everyone is going to be receptive to The Weeknd, who in my opinion have that Dream sound but more like his darker songs; i.e. Nikki and Love vs. Money 1 & 2. I freaking love Thursday and if you don’t you’re a damned fool. Yeah, I said it. I don’t even want to stop this to start my next listening session. But I must.
Don’t you fall in love with a nigga like me!

Delivered Fresh via Kaz (The DP Mosby Show)

Related Articles

0 comments:

SIRIUS|XM Radio

About

Delivered Fresh does not store any files. Everything posted is for promotional use only. Files downloaded should only be kept for 24 hours and then deleted. All music and videos are copyrights to the original owners. PLEASE support the artists and buy their work.